August 8, 2013
Business Meeting Group Photograph
University of Colorado Boulder along the Rocky Mountain Flatirons
Photo Credit: Pancasatya (Tio) Agastra, Montana State University-Bozeman
Business Meeting Summary
Meeting led by Bob Thresher, Executive Director
- Review 2012 Meeting Outcomes
- Symposium Feedback. Discussion, Review of budget and session quality
- Charter and Bylaws. Review and vote to adopt. ACTION: VOTED TO ADOPT
- Business Options for Formalizing NAWEA as an Organization. Budget review, 501(c)(3); Darlene Snow, The Wind Foundation, led discussion to explore the foundation as host for NAWEA by operating under their 501(c)(3). ACTION: under consideration.
- Wind Foundation Scholarship. The Wind Foundation requested Assistance to help review scholarship award. ACTION: Jim Manwell agreed to coordinate.
- NAWEA Business Plan Development. 3-5 year operating plan transitioning to 501.c.3; Identification of funding from potential sources; Determine appropriate umbrella organization during transition. ACTION: Bob Thresher to organize an ad hoc committee to develop plan.
- Next Symposium. Virginia Tech volunteered to host next symposium in 2015. ACTION: confirm Virginia Tech, generate call for volunteers, identify funding sources.
- AWEA Request Science / Academic Track Support. Partner with NAWEA to create a system to expand AWEA technical track, beyond 2013, develop new approaches down the road, provide leadership in developing and expanding the science and technical participation.
- Formalize NAWEA Committees. Education, R&D, Membership, Finance, Business Strategy and Planning, Executive Board, External Board of Advisors
- Action Review and Close