To get involved with the North American Wind Energy Academy's (NAWEA's) Education Initiative, contact any of the Curriculum Committee members:
Susan Stewart, Penn State University
- Establish a Wind Energy Education Science and Technology Advisory Group from member universities
- Develop a certification program that applies a NAWEA-defined quality rating to member academic courses and programs
- Develop educational standards across courses and degrees
- Consolidate courses, improve course mobility, and enhance cooperation across member universities
- Increase the involvement of multiple disciplines in course curricula
- Track and publish member university programs and core competencies
- Build a strong wind energy community from wind energy alumni.
An NSF-funded program led by Tom Acker at Northern Arizona University and NAWEA Curriculum Committee members at Texas Tech, University of Massachusetts Amherst, and Penn State
Purpose: Establish an expandable, multi-university consortium focused on graduate education in wind energy that will:
- Enhance and expand the educational opportunities available to students in an emerging professional, STEM field, including international experiences;
- Increase the diversity of peoples and disciplines represented by students enrolled in wind energy graduate programs; and,
- Address a pressing national need for graduate-education-trained wind energy professionals.
Objectives: To pilot and test the new, innovative, Rapid model, to effectively establish a replicable, expandable, consortium in graduate education. The Rapid model is a new facilitational model developed from evidence-based models described in the literature and implemented in practice.
Stay in Touch
Sign up to receive regular NAWEA and NAWEA/WindTech Conference updates.
NAWEA will use your information to send timely news or event information to your inbox for as long as you are subscribed. Change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us. We will treat your information with respect. Learn more about our security and privacy policies.